Monday, August 22

One Final Try, Or Give Up And Die

If you go by the dates on these posts then I'll look pretty up to date.  Today is August 22nd, the last post was August 12th.  Not bad save that those Augusts are not in the same year.


So!  One year and ten days later here I am again, and what a year it's been.  With a new apartment in which to live and a newly received college diploma hanging on the wall (not my wall of course, I think my mom has it or something), it's time to set some damn goals and stick to them, damn it.  So this morning I went and bought a book with the intention of reading it, finishing, and enjoying it.  It's got big font, wide margins, fewer than 200 pages, critical acclaim, and an author who has never let me down, so maybe I'll be able to achieve at least this one goal.  Other goals include finishing the four other books I'm currently reading, finishing Final Fantasy IV, which I have failed to finish three times prior, and keep up to date on this silly blog.


Speaking of this blog, I need to apologize briefly.  A few posts back I made a comment about Randy Newman, and would like to use this time to officially retract said comment.


Randy, if you are reading this (and who am I kidding, of course you're reading this), you are not dull.  I was young and foolish.  I have since learned that you are a righteous dude and I respect you greatly.  My sincerest apologies.










(The book by the way is Cormac McCarthy's Child of God)

No comments:

Post a Comment