Tuesday, July 27

I WILL NOT FALL BEHIND. . . again!

Friday July 23:

It was rainy and over-cast and the air was cool.  I loved it.  I went out to the mall for new pants and new shoes. I found neither.  I recently discovered that Levi's makes a 511 pant in corduroy and I want one, but every store I go to told me that corduroy is not a summer thing.  I don't like the people that told me that.  I finally found them at JC Penny's but they only had them black and tan; I'm looking for something less traditional, so whatever, I'll keep looking.  As far as shoes go I found a cool pair at Banana Republic but didn't have my card on me so I decided to wait.

After not buying anything at the mall I went over to Borders to get the final Scott Pilgrim and to use a 40% off coupon. As it turned out they were already sold out.  One day after it comes out and they were sold out.  I ended up using the coupon on Battlestar Galactica Season 2.0, not a bad buy.

Final stop of the day was at Barnes & Noble for another shot at Scott Pilgrim. . .NOPE!  They were also sold out.  However, I did find Susanna Clarke's The Ladies of Grace Adieu and Other Stories.  It is a collection of fairy tales that take place in the same version of England as her first work, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.  If you haven't read that go find a copy and read it. Go. Now. I'll wait. . .

Monday July 26

GOT IT!  I went to a different Borders and was able to get a copy of Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour.  They lady at the check out told me that they were sold out but they got more in over the weekend.  I also got M.I.A.'s Kala and Janelle Monáe's Metropolis. When I got home Baccano! volume 2 waiting for me in the mail.  So now I have to re-read Scott Pilgrim volumes 1-5 and re-watch Baccano! vol. 1, so that I can thoroughly enjoy my new purchases.

Tuesday July 27 (the present)

Nothing bought so far but it's not even five yet so we'll see.  Since yesterday I've read Scott Pilgrim volumes 1-3 and watched Baccano! vol. 1. Looking forward to the next ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment